Thursday, February 6, 2014

Torrance Coombs Facebook Q & A ~~ Part Two



Part Two of Torrance Coombs Q & A on CW Reign Facebook Page. He had over 5,000 questions in a short time. Below are the rest of the question that he was able to answer. 






Nica Dasia - Did you already ride a horse before you start shooting ?


Torrance Coombs - Learned when I did Tudors and Heartland, but had to get a lot better 
for Reign. I went out riding a lot in the early going until I got really comfortable.

Rachel Morris - Who is the Biggest joker on set?


Torrance Coombs - I get asked this a lot, and I'm afraid the answer is pretty boring. We  
don't have one. Not that we don't have a laugh, but have precious few chances to get a 
scene before we have to move on.

Linn Christin Dale - Hey, I'm from Norway, and Reign just started a couple of weeks ago 
here. I'm completly obsessed, and I can't get enough! My questions is, where is the series filmed?


Torrance Coombs - Toronto, Canada, with a number of scenes shot in Ireland as well.

Rania Shabi - What are the character traits that you actually have in common with bash?

Torrance Coombs - capacity to love, and his general disdain for the rules of society.

Lucy Le-ra - If you could choose a super hero, who is your favorite?

Torrance Coombs - Probably Spider-man.           

Joana Amorim - When is renly going to appear on reign ?
 


Torrance Coombs - I'm working on it.

Jenny Chomiak - Do you believe in seers, such as Nostradamus? ‪#Curious                    

Torrance Coombs - In real life, no. But Bash is fully convinced by Nostradamus.

Michelle Castorina - For one hour I sat here for this n he answered one questioned wat a set up for ratings go scratch reign website n n e of u that believe was actually on here until now like my dum ass got played like me

Torrance Coombs - I think you need to refresh the page more often.

Mandy Brush - Can you say/do you know when Amy Brenneman's episode going to air? And was she adorable to work with?

Torrance Coombs - She's in episode 13. Not sure when that airs exactly.

Jennifer Moore Allen - How did it come about, that you got the part for Bash? How has your life changed since the shoe started?

Torrance Coombs - I have to bathe before I leave the house in case I get recognized. How annoying.

Courtney Fettu - Why do you have to wear a WETSUIT when filming?!

Torrance Coombs - You'll just have to wait and see.


Varna Kesani - Hey Torrance! I love your acting and you are one of my favorite actors. I love how   
funny and great you are! So my questions: Does Reign have blooper reel? I would LOVE to see that
& to you: If you could say one thing to a large group of people, what would it be?



Torrance Coombs - I'm sure there's an extensive blooper reel, about 90% of

which is me swearing. I haven't seen it though.




Yelaine Wang - How do you like Bash's character? In what ways do you

like/admire the character, in what ways do you personally dislike the character

and are there any changes you like to made?


Torrance Coombs - For a supposed playboy, he s
ure latches onto a girl and sticks with it. I'd like to see him mix it up and break a few more hearts

Emily Elizabeth - your an amazing actor! Will more of the paganism come forth in more episode.

Torrance Coombs - Yes. Lots more on the way.

Stephanie Lord - with all these fans and spot light do you ever have a moment when you just want to feel normal again like before you started acting, if so where is your favorite place to go to feel normal. your a great actor by the way.

Torrance Coombs - Thankfully I'm still at a point where my life is very normal. It hasn't got out of hand.

Toni N Bryan Horn - Do you think Mary will get back with Francis? It doesn't matter who she winds up with because you both are good guys! I LOVE LOVE this show!!! I hope it comes back!!! Will it???

Torrance Coombs - I reckon Francis is coming back. History says it is so.

Tiffany Dawn Molina - Hey Torrance, is it hard speaking a different accent on
reign?
      
     
Torrance Coombs  - Sometimes, although I'm mostly very comfortable with it and don't have to think too hard about it.
                       
Chilled Delusion - Torrance Coombs You are doing ABSOLUTELY superb! Love you AND Francis
acting! *Smiles big * Q. How far in advance do you guys record compared to when it airs?

Torrance Coombs - We're currently shooting episode 17. Not sure when it airs,
but if you find that info then you'll get an idea of the turnaround

Amanda Ellsworth - Correct me if I'm wrong, but were you not in Heartland for a while?


Torrance Coombs – Indeed I was.

Nichole Cessna  -Are you planning on directing any if the episodes coming up?

           
Torrance Coombs - No plans yet. I'd be in a bit over my head. Lots more to study first

Brittany Nicole Foulks - Bash really loves Mary and so does Francis do you think Francis will ever go back and fight for her?


Torrance Coombs - You can count on it.

Cyndi Logsdon Capik  - Does it bother you that the show is historically inaccurate? The first episode annoyed me because of it but then I had to let go of my knowledge of actual events and just take it
as a good show.

Torrance Coombs - It would bother me if we were misrepresenting ourselves and claiming this was the true history. I think there are enough cues in the music/costumes to suggest this is a 
a hybrid fantasy/history/fiction.
                                   
Mä Gär  - Whats your fav music, what type of music are you into?

Torrance Coombs - Some of my favs: Arcade Fire, Stars, Decemberists, Depeche Mode.

MariaRosa Di Cicco  - I watched last episode of Reign: it's very clean your friendship with ‪Adelaide Kane.. your kisses were so shy. Did you feel embarrassed during the record of the scenes?

Torrance Coombs - Not at all. I think Francis still weighs very heavily on both their minds.

Julia Ivashkov  - What would be your dream movie to play in? And what's your fave book?

Torrance Coombs -  I'd love to work with Wes Anderson or the Coen brothers.

Anamaria Coman  - Is this your first time acting? Really enjoying the show

Torrance Coombs - Nope! Been making a living at it for 9 years.

Allyssa Watkins - You're so brilliant, Torrance!!! How does Bash differ from your Heartland character Chase Powers? In what ways are they similar.

Torrance Coombs - In many ways they started out similarly, but I think Bash has evolved over time to have a lot more integrity and a stronger moral compass.

Sarah Rawding - Do you enjoy filming in Toronto or is it more of a hassle due to the cities population and constant busyness? Ps. You're great!

Torrance Coombs - Love the city, but I'm on set so much these days I could really be living in any city and my life would be pretty similar.

Keira S-Lepic - You also played in Les Tudors, historical television series are your thing or ? kisses from france! ‪#frenchReignfansdoitright

Torrance Coombs - I've actually done more modern shows than I have historical ones, but I guess the period dramas stand out.

Vannie Lock - What other show do u watch beside ‪#Reign?

Torrance Coombs - Current shows? Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Hello Ladies, Ja'mie Private School Girl, Sherlock.

Maria Joyce Arellano - Are those pagan chants real or just made up?

Torrance Coombs I've been told it's just gibberish, but I'd be very interested if someone tells me otherwise.

Ruda Roctka - How do you feel this roll challenges you compared to playing Thomas Colpepper in the Tudors?

Torrance Coombs - This role is a lot more physically demanding. I also have a lot more dialog so I've had to work harder on keeping my accent consistent.

Hannah Bradshaw - what is it like to have girls love/hate who you play???

Torrance Coombs - It's fun. I'm just happy people are loving and engaging with the show.

Alma Aguilar - Do you miss The Tudors?

Torrance Coombs - It was a life-changing experience. I think I'll always miss it.

Kelly Guy - What qualities in the character of Bash do you admire? How would you like to see him grow?

Torrance Coombs - I'd like to see him rediscover his mischievous side. He's been bogged down with responsibility lately.

Jessica Post - What can we expect in future episodes between Bash and Francis will they become good brothers again or will they stay apart?

Torrance Coombs - I think deep down they have each other’s backs.

Click Here For Part One.


Source: Thanks again to CW Reign for having Torrance on to answer the fans questions.

Sorry to those whose questions I didn't get to. There were over 5000 by the end and I couldn't keep up. We'll do another Q&A soon. 





            

1 comment: